ArtSpark Operations Coordinator
ArtSpark (http://art-spark.org) is seeking an organized, detail-oriented and motivated Operations Coordinator to assist with myriad ArtSpark details and tasks. The Operations Coordinator will report to the ArtSpark’s CEO, Kristine Maltrud, and provide support to other ArtSpark team members as requested.
The Operations Coordinator will embrace new challenges, work hard, have the ability to work both independently/virtually, and as part of ArtSpark’s team.
ArtSpark is looking for the right individual who wants to grow with us as we expand our reach and services. The position is currently part-time (via professional services contract) and pays $20 – $22/hour, depending on experience. The position starts at 6-10 hours per week, increasing steadily to half-time or more in 2018. ArtSpark’s team asks that you to commit to this position as we will be investing in you with training and ongoing guidance.
The ability to be self-directed and on-task is important as deadlines are a big part of the job. ArtSpark is a virtual workplace except when we meet in person in the SF Bay Area (1-2 times/month), which is a requirement of the position. There will be at least one virtual meeting (conference or video call) per week.
The following qualifications are strongly suggested:
- Experience and/or genuine interest in social-mission companies like start-ups, for-profits and nonprofits
- Excellent computer skills, including Google Drive, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Keynote and WordPress
- Excellent writing, editing and strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate & coordinate effectively & efficiently with others
- Demonstrated social media ability and skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid time management skills, including executing goals/priorities, arriving at meetings or conf/video calls on time, staying on task and meeting deadlines
- Enjoys working with creative-sector organizations
- Embraces diversity of people and environments
The following qualifications are desirable, but not required:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Creative/entrepreneurial spirit
- Event management skills
If you worked as ArtSpark’s Operations Coordinator last week, you would have:
- Participated in a conference call with the ArtSpark team, and co-developed the agenda based on prior meetings, organized meeting materials and followed up with team members re: next/action steps
- Organized Google docs for easier access for the team
- Made travel and public speaking arrangements for Kristine
- Uploaded information and photos to ArtSpark social media sites (Twitter, Facebook Page, Facebook Group(s) and LinkedIn)
- Researched potential sponsoring organizations and prepared a spreadsheet with that information
- Written and edited social media updates (e.g., on Facebook and Twitter)
- Made basic updates to ArtSpark’s WordPress website (e.g., update plug-ins)
- Organized photos for publishing and inserting into materials
- Answered questions from ArtSpark potential sponsors via email and phone
- Contacted ArtSpark Advisory Group members via email re: upcoming meetings
- Edited written materials
- Sent links and materials to ArtSpark organizational partners and/or sponsors
If this Operations Coordinator sounds like something you’d love to do, and you’d like to be part of ArtSpark’s amazing team, we definitely want to hear from you.
Candidates should submit a CV & cover letter and at least two personal or professional references.
Please get in touch by emailing email@example.com and include “ArtSpark Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please feel free to ask questions. Thanks!
NOTE: All hiring decisions will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.