ArtSpark’s Manifesto champions artists and creators to keep the creative spark alive while making choices about participating in the marketplace. The Manifesto also dovetails with our belief that artists and creators are essential to humanity’s well-being.
- Make art. Express your creative voice. This is the first priority. Give it your best energy and time.
- Success is self-determined: Success looks different for every artist or creator – honor what this means to you.
- Making money is a choice. Again, this choice is self-determined, and unique to you as an artist or creator.
- Basic business knowledge and skills are an opportunity to match artistic vision with the marketplace. There’s really no way around learning and cultivating business skills if you want to make money as an artist or creator. If you truly dislike the business side, reconsider your financial goals.
- Ask for help building and managing the business side so you can remain true to your creative practice and art. Recognize and know your business genius and outsource the rest.